Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Blueberry Muffin Shot is an easy party shot recipe that tastes just like a blueberry muffin. Made with only 3 ingredients in less than 5 minutes.
These creamy blueberry muffin shots are sweet, almost dessert like shots that are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make — You only need 3 easy to find ingredients and less than 5 minutes to make a batch of these shots.
- Tastes like a blueberry muffin — The combination of creamy, rich RumChata and blueberry syrup make this shot taste just like a delicious blueberry muffin.
- Made with blueberry syrup — Unlike other versions of this shot, this recipe uses blueberry simple syrup for an authentic blueberry flavor that really stands out.
- Great for a party — The uniqueness of this muffin shot makes this recipe great for serving to friends at your next party.
What Is A Blueberry Muffin Shot?
A Blueberry Muffin Shot is a creamy shot that is meant to mimic the taste of a blueberry muffin.
There are several variations of this recipe, some involving Blueberry Redbull, others with blueberry vodka, and some using Tequila Rose.
In this Blueberry Muffin Shot recipe, I use RumChata, vodka and blueberry syrup for a creamy shot that has a strong blueberry punch and really tastes like a blueberry muffin.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- RumChata: RumChata is a creamy liqueur made with rum, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. You should be able to find it at your local liquor store. If not, you can use Baileys as a substitute.
- Vodka: Use whatever type of vodka you have on hand. If you have blueberry flavored vodka, use that for this recipe. However, there will be enough blueberry flavor from the syrup even without flavored vodka.
- Blueberry Syrup: You can use a store bought blueberry drink syrup, or you can easily make your own homemade blueberry cocktail syrup using fresh or frozen blueberries, sugar and water.
How To Make A Blueberry Muffin Shot
Step 1: Add the RumChata and vodka to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a shot glass.
Step 2: Gently pour the blueberry syrup on top.
- Use a spoon to pour the blueberry syrup. To get the best layered effect, slowly pour the blueberry syrup down the back of a spoon onto the RumChata. This technique helps the layers form more clearly.
- Chill the shot glasses. These shots taste especially good when served iced cold. Chill the shot glasses in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving this recipe.
- Make it a fruit variation. For a variation on this recipe, try using a different type of berry syrup. Use a strawberry simple syrup for a strawberry muffin shot or blackberry simple syrup for a blackberry muffin shot.
Yes. Another version of a blueberry muffin shot consists of RumChata combined with Blueberry Redbull.
If you are using shot glasses, this recipe will make 2 shots. If you using shooter glasses, this recipe will make 1 shooter.