This pear and raspberry cake is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Soft, tasty pears with a burst of raspberry flavor, then topped with a layer of sliced almonds that gets toasty in the oven. This is the best cake to have fresh out of the oven with a cup of coffee.
Breakfast cakes are the best types of cakes. Not too heavy with overly sugary icing, but slightly sweet and light enough have with your morning coffee.
This cake tastes amazing fresh out of the oven. The pears become soft, juicy and sweet in the oven. Meanwhile the raspberries get a little tart.
The balance between the two flavors is perfect. Plus, the almond layer on top is baked to crunchy toasted almond perfection.
Another delicious breakfast cake is this coffee banana cake.
- Pears — Any type of pear will work well for this recipe, but Bosc or Anjou are particularly good for baking. You will need about 2 - 3 small pears for this recipe.
- Raspberries — Use fresh or frozen raspberries. If using frozen raspberries, don’t let them thaw before adding them to the batter.
- Sliced Almonds — These are for layering on top to create a toasty almond layer.
- Turbinado Sugar — This is optional. When sprinkled on top of the cake, it gives each bite a little crunchy sugary deliciousness.
- Cinnamon — for some added flavor
- Lemon Juice — This helps bring out the pear flavor a little more.
- Regular baking ingredients — flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract
How to store:
This pear and raspberry cake is best right out of the oven while it is still warm. But if you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Before re-serving them, heat up a slice for 20-30 seconds in the microwave.Print