This pear and raspberry cake is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Soft, tasty pears with a burst of raspberry flavor, then topped with a layer of sliced almonds that gets toasty in the oven. This is the best cake to have fresh out of the oven with a cup of coffee.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups pears, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- Grease a 9-inch round springform cake pan with butter or line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 360F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar for a couple minutes until light, smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until each one is absorbed. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Peel the pears and cut them into approximately 1 cm cubes. Add the lemon juice to the pear chunks and mix to cover them.
- Gently fold in the pear chunks and raspberries to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Spread the sliced almonds evenly over the top of the cake batter. Then, sprinkle the turbinado sugar evenly over top of the almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week. Re-warm in the microwave before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
Keywords: pear and raspberry cake, pear cake, raspberry cake, breakfast cake