Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This caramel iced coffee is a sweet and refreshing iced coffee drink that is easy to make at home in less than 5 minutes. Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce for an extra decadent drink.
- Adding caramel into your iced coffee drinks makes for a sweet & creamy coffee drink that is refreshing on a hot day.
- It is easy to make this drink at home and much less expensive than buying a similar latte in a coffee shop.
- This drink is made with only 3 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Coffee: Use chilled coffee or cold brew coffee. You can use store bought cold brew, or make your own at home. You can also substitute ½ cup of coffee with a shot of espresso.
- Caramel Sauce: This recipe uses caramel sauce (not caramel simple syrup). You can use caramel simple syrup instead, but you will need to use less. For this recipe, replace the caramel sauce with about 1 tablespoon of caramel syrup and adjust to taste.
- Milk: Whole (3%) milk will add the most creaminess to this drink. However, you can also use 2% or skim, as well as a milk alternative such as oat milk or almond milk.
Step 1: Mix the coffee and caramel sauce together until well combined.
Step 2: Add a drizzle of extra caramel sauce around the inside of your glass, if serving in clear glasses. Fill the glass with ice.
Step 3: Pour the caramel coffee into the glass.
Step 4: Add in the milk and serve immediately.
- If you tend to sip your coffee slowly, or you are having this drink on a very hot day, use coffee ice cubes. To make coffee ice cubes, freeze coffee in an ice cube tray overnight.
- Adjust the caramel to coffee ratio to taste. Some people prefer a sweeter drink, whereas others prefer only a slight taste of caramel.
- Make sure to mix the caramel sauce very well into the coffee before adding it to the ice. Otherwise, it may clump up on the bottom of the glass. Depending on the type of caramel sauce you are using, it may be easier to mix the caramel sauce into the coffee while the coffee is still slightly warm.
- Salted Caramel: If you like salted caramel, try using salted caramel sauce instead of regular caramel sauce.
- Toppings: For a fancier drink, top the iced coffee with whipped cream, salted caramel cold foam or vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
- Vegan: For a vegan version, use almond or oat milk instead of cow’s milk. Use a vegan caramel sauce.
Caramel sauce is thicker and creamier. Caramel syrup has a thinner, water-like consistency. This recipe uses caramel sauce. However, you can replace the caramel sauce with caramel simple syrup. Start with 1 tablespoon and adjust to taste.
Replace the coffee with 2 shots of espresso and 1 cup of steamed milk. Use 3 - 4 tablespoons of caramel sauce.