Creamy, garlicky and spicy. This cajun garlic pizza sauce is the perfect pizza base sauce for almost any pizza — especially this Cajun Chicken Pizza —to add a little spicy kick of flavor. It is easy and quick to whip together and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I like to make homemade pizza pretty often, and sometimes regular tomato sauce can become a little boring. Sometimes I just want a super creamy, garlicky sauce without the tomato flavor. Classic white pizza sauces are a standard alternative to tomato sauce based pizza recipes, but sometimes can be a little bland.
This cajun garlic pizza sauce takes the essence of that white pizza sauce and bumps it up a notch with an extra cajun and garlic punch. The spicy kick of this sauce is not too overpowering for those who don’t love super extra spicy, but is definitely enough to add extra flavor to pretty much any of your pizza creations.
How to make & store the sauce:
Making your own pizza sauces should not be intimidating. It is super easy and quick to do while your pizza dough is rising or thawing. First, you melt the butter on a saucepan. Add the garlic to cook briefly before adding the red pepper flakes, cajun seasoning and salt. Add the milk slowly as you are whisking everything together. Continue to whisk the mixture until you get your desired thickness. This will take a few minutes for the sauce to thicken up. Once it is done, remove the sauce from the heat and mix in the parmesan, stirring until smooth.
Use this sauce immediately for your pizza base or let it cool completely and then store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
How to use this cajun garlic pizza sauce:
This pizza sauce recipe is designed to be perfect for using as a pizza base sauce. Spread the sauce over your pizza dough, then add all your favorite toppings and cheese on top.
However, if you are looking for a sauce that is a more liquidy consistency to drizzle over the top of your pizza, such as this pesto drizzle sauce recipe, remove some of the flour and add a bit more milk to get the consistency of your liking.
What pizza toppings go well with this cajun garlic pizza sauce?
There are so many possible pizza creations to make using this cajun garlic pizza sauce. However, my favorite is this cajun chicken pizza to emphasize the spicy cajun flavor. Also, this sauce works amazingly well on veggie pizzas with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes.Print
Cajun Garlic Pizza Sauce
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: ½ cup sauce 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This creamy, cajun garlic pizza sauce is the perfect pizza base sauce for almost any pizza to add a little spicy kick of flavor.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter on a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook briefly for about 30 seconds. Don't let the garlic brown.
- Add in the flour, red pepper flakes, Cajun seasoning and salt. Whisk everything together.
- Add the milk in slowly, whisking constantly until incorporated. Continue to simmer the sauce and whisk until the sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix until smooth.
- Let the sauce cool slightly before spreading over your pizza dough base.
- Use the sauce immediately or let it cool completely and then store it in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you want a cajun garlic pizza sauce that is more liquidy, use a bit less flour and add more milk to get the consistency you want.
- This recipe makes about enough sauce for two pizzas. The nutrition information is based on the amount of sauce required for one whole pizza (¼ cup).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: sauces, pizza sauce
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Fat: 15.3g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: cajun, pizza sauce, garlic
Leave a Reply