Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This sweet chili aioli is an easy dipping sauce that takes only a couple of minutes to make. It is a creamy, mayo-based sauce that is perfect for dipping fries, chicken fingers or breaded shrimp in.
For other aioli dipping sauces, try this pesto aioli.
- This aioli is the perfect balance of sweet & creamy. Creamy, rich mayo is combined with sweet chili sauce, giving it a sweet and very mild spiciness.
- This sauce is made with only 4 ingredients, making this recipe easy to make any time.
- This aioli is super versatile. You can use this aioli for almost anything – to dip fries, shrimp, meatballs, or as a panini spread.
What To Serve This Sweet Chili Aioli With
This sweet chili aioli goes with so many different foods. Try some of the suggestions below or experiment yourself!
- The most popular way to use it is as a dipping sauce. It goes well with most game day finger foods including fries, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and breaded shrimp.
- It also makes a great breakfast sauce for dipping hash browns or home fries in.
- It can even be used as a spread for sandwiches, paninis, or wraps.
- It can also be used as a sushi sauce, lightly drizzled on a maki roll.
- Mayonnaise: Full fat mayonnaise gives the creamiest, richest flavor. However, you can use low fat mayonnaise for a healthier option. If you use homemade mayonnaise, it will taste just as good, but will have a runnier consistency.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Sweet chili sauce is a sweet, garlicky sauce that you can buy bottled in the grocery store. Although it is made from chili peppers, it is not very spicy.
- Lime Juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice. Artificial lime juice does not give the same, bright flavor.
- Garlic: Again, use only fresh garlic. Don’t substitute this for garlic powder.
Step 1: Whisk the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, lime juice and garlic together.
Step 2: Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Store leftover sweet chili aioli in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
If you have dipped your food into the sauce container and there are remnants of food in the aioli, it may go bad more quickly. If you are not planning to consume the aioli all at once, scoop out the portion you want to use rather than dipping your food into the container.
Because the aioli contains mayo, freezing is not recommended.
- If you want to make the aioli spicier, add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of sriracha and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Let the aioli chill in the fridge. This allows the flavors to blend into one another, creating a more flavorful dip. However, if you don’t have time for this, you can get away with skipping this step.
- Don’t let the aioli come to room temperature multiple times. When serving the sauce, scoop out the portion you want to consume and keep the rest stored in the fridge. This will prevent it from going bad as quickly.
Traditionally, aioli is a combination of olive oil and garlic. However, the name has now come to include mayonnaise-based sauces, such as this sweet chili aioli.
No. Sweet chili sauce is much more sweet than spicy. If you want a spicy aioli, add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of sriracha.