This delicious Cajun chicken pizza is made with a Cajun garlic pizza sauce base, topped with Cajun flavored chicken, green bell pepper, onion, diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. A tasty and healthy pizza loaded with spice and cheese, perfect for a quick family dinner.
The secret ingredient to this pizza is the Cajun Garlic Pizza Sauce which replaces tomato sauce as the pizza sauce base. This is a deliciously creamy garlic pizza sauce with a kick of spice that emphasizes the Cajun flavor of the pizza. It is quick and easy to make, and definitely worth it for this pizza.
Ingredients for Cajun Chicken Pizza:
- Homemade pizza dough. Homemade pizza dough always tastes better, but if you are in a rush, you can use store bought pizza dough too if you need.
- Cajun Garlic Pizza Sauce. As mentioned above this pizza base sauce is made for this pizza, and comes together very quickly. Make this sauce while you are waiting for your pizza dough to rise or thaw. However, if you really don’t have time for this sauce, you can also use regular tomato sauce and the pizza will still taste amazing, but will have less Cajun flavor.
- Cajun chicken. This chicken is fantastic on this pizza, but if you want to make extra, you can use the leftovers in so many ways. They taste great in a breakfast chicken burrito or Cajun chicken sandwich.
- Green Bell Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- If you don’t have all these veggies on hand, toss on whatever vegetables you do have. Almost anything will go. If you want to go a step further and make this a strictly veggie pizza, it would also taste amazing!
- Optional: Top the pizza with some red pepper flakes and parmesan.
Other pizza recipes you may like:
- Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Pizza with Pesto Drizzle
- Fig, Pear, Walnut, Brie, Honey and Goat Cheese Pizza
A delicious Cajun chicken pizza made with Cajun garlic pizza sauce, topped with Cajun flavored chicken, veggies and mozzarella cheese.
- ½ lb homemade or store bought pizza dough
- ¼ cup Cajun chicken pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ⅓ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cups onions, diced
- ½ a green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ to 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Optional: red pepper flakes, parmesan
- Prepare the pizza dough and roll it into a 10-12" circle.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add the chicken chunks, olive oil and Cajun seasoning to a Ziploc bag. Shake to mix.
- Cook the chicken on a saucepan over medium heat until cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the Cajun chicken pizza sauce over the dough, leaving an edge around the dough for the crust.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza, adding as much cheese as you like.
- Add the Cajun chicken, diced tomatoes, onions, and bell pepper toppings over the pizza evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Optional: top with a dash of fresh parmesan and red pepper flakes as soon as you take the pizza out of the oven.
- If you don't have time to make the Cajun garlic pizza sauce, you can use regular tomato sauce and it will still taste great but will have less Cajun flavor.
- You can easily make this a vegetarian pizza by removing the Cajun chicken.
- Category: pizza, dinner
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 273mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
Keywords: cajun chicken, pizza dinner, pizza recipes, cajun recipes