Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This 3 ingredient peanut butter coffee syrup makes the most delicious peanut butter coffee lattes. This syrup dissolves easily in liquid, making it perfect for any coffee drink, as well as any peanut butter flavored cocktails.
If you enjoy making fancy flavored lattes or coffee recipes at home, coffee syrups are essential.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s only 3 ingredients. This coffee syrup is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients in under 15 minutes.
- It’s versatile. Not only does this syrup make the best peanut butter iced coffee or peanut butter lattes, it also makes delicious peanut butter flavored cocktails!
- It’s customizable. Add in a dash of vanilla or cinnamon for a unique flavor pairing.
- It’s better than store bought. This syrup adds real peanut butter flavoring. There is no artificial taste, unlike with storebought peanut butter syrup.
- Peanut Butter: For the best results, use creamy, smooth peanut butter. You can use chunky peanut butter but you will have to strain out any peanut chunks after making the syrup. Natural peanut butter doesn’t give the syrup as much of an authentic peanut butter taste.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar works best for this recipe. It will dissolve completely, adding sweetness to the coffee syrup.
- Water: Use filtered water to avoid any unpleasant flavors from tap water.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Heat the sugar, water and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue to heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar has fully dissolved and the syrup is a smooth, even consistency.
Step 2: Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer to remove any peanut chunks or undissolved pieces of peanut butter.
Allow the syrup to fully cool to room temperature before storing.
Store the syrup in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 1 to 2 weeks.
The syrup will separate once sitting for a while. Before using, shake or stir well.
- Don’t let the syrup boil. Adjust the temperature as needed to prevent the syrup from boiling. Boiling the syrup may cause the syrup to become too thick.
- Strain the syrup. This syrup should turn into a smooth liquid, but if there are pieces of peanut butter that won’t dissolve, or if you used a chunky peanut butter, pass the syrup through a fine mesh strainer before storing it.
- Customize the syrup. Customize this syrup to your liking. You can add in a dash of vanilla extract or cinnamon for example. You can also use almond or cashew butter instead of peanut butter for a slightly different flavor.
Yes! Not only does this peanut butter syrup work as a coffee syrup, it is great for making any type of peanut butter flavored cocktail.
If you want to use this peanut butter syrup over food, like ice cream or pancakes, replace the water with milk for a creamier result. You can also heat the syrup for a bit longer so that it thickens up.