Light & creamy lemon and white chocolate muffins. Fresh lemon juice, zest, greek yogurt and white chocolate chips to add a bit of sweetness.
White chocolate chips pair perfectly with the sourness of the lemon. On their own, white chocolate chips are too sweet, but baked into a muffin, they are delicious.
Plus, a few walnuts added in give these breakfast muffins a little crunch.
Why These are the Best Lemon And White Chocolate Muffins
- Lemon + White Chocolate + Walnuts make the perfect flavor combination for a breakfast muffin.
- Perfect with coffee. Fresh out of the oven, these muffins go really well with coffee.
- It’s a great way to use up greek yogurt. Use up greek yogurt sitting in your fridge before it goes bad.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Lemon Juice— Use freshly squeezed lemon juice if you have that available. If not, you can use artificial lemon juice instead.
Lemon Zest— Use the zest of about ½ - 1 lemon, (1 tbsp). If you don’t have a lemon and are using artificial lemon juice, you can skip this one if you have to, but these muffins will taste better with zest.
Greek Yogurt— Yogurt adds a delicious creaminess in muffin recipes. You can also easily substitute this with sour cream.
White Chocolate Chips— Use white chocolate chips meant for baking. You can substitute these for regular semisweet chocolate chips but the lemon pairs best with white chocolate.
Walnuts— Chop the walnuts into small chunks to give the muffins some crunchiness.
- Use a kitchen scale. It is hard to accurately measure flour with measuring cups. Use a kitchen scale instead to always add the right amount of ingredients.
- Heat up muffins in the microwave. When eating leftovers of these muffins, heat them up in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before eating them.