This healthy grapefruit arugula salad is the perfect side dish to any meal. Made with grapefruit slices and arugula, topped with walnuts and a maple olive oil dressing. A simple, healthy and delicious salad that comes together in 5 minutes.
There are so many unique ways that grapefruit can go in salad. A simple mix of arugula, walnuts and grapefruit may not sound that complicated- and it’s not — but it is unexpectedly delicious. I love the pop of tangy grapefruit flavor mixed with the crunchiness of the walnuts.
The maple olive oil dressing compliments this combination perfectly. This maple dressing is my favorite dressing for this salad recipe but it also works so well for many other salads.
Ingredients for the grapefruit arugula salad:
- Grapefruit. Use only the freshest grapefruit slices. This ingredient can’t really be replaced, it is essential for this salad.
- Arugula. I love arugula as a salad base but spinach could also work if that is what you have available.
- Walnuts. If you don’t have walnuts, try to substitute with something else that will still give a bit of a crunch. Without it, this salad may be a little bland. Other ideas to add crunch include: pine nuts, almond slices or pecans.
Ingredients for the maple dressing:
- Maple syrup. The maple flavor in the dressing is what makes it go so well with the grapefruit flavor. Try to use real maple syrup if possible- it makes all the difference!
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice. Try to use freshly squeezed lemon juice if possible, but if not, you can use artificial lemon juice.
How to make the maple dressing:
This salad dressing is incredibly easy to make- just mix all ingredients together in a jar or container and shake vigorously to mix.
Store this dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Be sure to shake well each time before using to mix the contents adequately.Print