Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This bright blue kamikaze shot is an easy shooter recipe to make for a large group of people, using only 3 ingredients. Made with blue curaçao, lime juice and vodka, with a sugar-lined rim.
This blue kamikaze shot is a variation of the original kamikaze shot which is made with triple sec, rather than blue curaçao.
The blue curaçao is what gives this drink its bright light blue color.
For other cocktails made with blue curaçao, try this blue hurricane drink.
- The bright blue color makes these shooters unique, and great for serving at a party.
- This is a quick & easy recipe to make for a large group of people.
- This shot recipe can easily be served as a cocktail instead of party shots.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Blue Curaçao: Use whatever brand of blue curaçao you have on hand. Blue curaçao gives this shot its blue color. Use triple sec with a few drops of blue food coloring as a substitute.
- Vodka: Use your favorite type of vodka. You can also experiment using flavored vodka such as raspberry vodka or lemon vodka.
- Lime Juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice. Freshly squeezed juice will taste much better than artificial lime juice.
Step 1: Run a wedge of lime around the edge of the shot glass. Optionally, dip the rim in a small amount of granulated sugar.
Step 2: Add the vodka, blue curaçao and lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into the prepared shot glass.
- Save time when serving a large group. If you are serving a large group, line the shot glasses with sugar in advance. Store the prepared shot glasses in the fridge until you are ready to serve them. For the best taste, make the blue kamikaze shot at the time you are ready to serve your guests.
- Turn this shot into a cocktail. To turn this drink into a cocktail, double or triple the recipe quantity and serve it in a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Make the shot sweeter. This shot tastes fairly strong. If you want it to be sweeter, add in ½ to 1 tablespoon of simple syrup.
- Experiment with different garnishes. Try using a mini lime slice, an orange peel, or a maraschino cherry.
This shot is a fairly strong shot with a balance between the sweet orange flavor of the blue curaçao and the sour lime.
In Japanese, “kamikaze” means “divine wind”.