Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Halloween green punch is an easy, large batch punch recipe that is perfect for a Halloween party. It takes only a few minutes to make and tastes delicious as both an alcoholic adult version or a non-alcoholic mocktail version for kids.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Bright Green — The bright green color of this punch really stands out! Plus you don’t need to add any artificial coloring to give it the green color, it all comes from the combination of limeade & lemonade.
- Large Batch — This is a great large batch recipe that can easily be served in a giant pitcher or punch bowl. This recipe will save you a ton of time serving guests at a big party, rather than making everyone individual drinks.
- Halloween-Themed — If you are hosting a Halloween party, this green punch fits the theme perfectly! There are lots of tips for decorations and serving suggestions to really up your presentation.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Frozen Limeade: Frozen limeade is fairly easy to find in the frozen section of most grocery stores. You will need 1 x 10 oz can for this recipe. If there are only 12 oz cans available — that will work just fine, the proportions don’t need to be exact for this punch.
- Lemonade: Storebought lemonade is the easiest and simplest option, but you can make your own homemade lemonade and use that instead.
- Pineapple Juice: Pineapple juice adds just a touch of sweetness to this punch. If you want a stronger, more sour punch, replace this with more lemonade.
- Vodka: Use any brand of vodka that you like. Flavored vodkas such as lemon vodka, lime vodka or another citrus vodka would work well also. You can also substitute the vodka for another type of alcohol, such as white rum, tequila or gin.
- 7Up or Sprite: A lemon-lime soda such as 7Up or Sprite adds even more lime flavor. However, you can also use sparkling water or Perrier instead.
How To Make A Green Halloween Punch
Step 1: Add the limeade, lemonade, vodka and pineapple juice to a large pitcher. Stir until combined.
Step 2: Add in the 7Up and gently stir before serving.
- Chill the ingredients. Chill all the ingredients in the fridge before mixing this punch together. This will help keep the drink cold while guests are serving themselves.
- Make it a mocktail. This green punch is so tasty as a mocktail as well! Just omit the vodka for a version that is great for a kids’ Halloween party.
- Serve it in a punch bowl. To make hosting easier, serve this green punch in a large drink dispenser or in a punch serving bowl and let guests serve themselves.
- Make it a glowing punch. If you want a punch that glows in the dark (or under blacklight), replace the 7Up with tonic water. You will need to have the lights dimmed and the punch bowl surrounded by blacklights.
Yes. You can make this Halloween punch a few hours in advance. Store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve. If possible, add the 7Up right before serving to keep the punch fizzy.
If you want a drink that is less sweet, replace some of the lemonade with water.
No. Never add dry ice to any cocktail or drink. It is dangerous if it is accidentally consumed. Instead, serve the punch in a large serving bowl on a platter of dry ice.
There is about 1 oz of vodka per cup of this green punch. Adjust the amount of vodka you add according to your preference for the strength of the drink.