This tasty blueberry milk tea recipe is easy to make at home whenever you have a craving for a summery bubble tea.
- Make the green tea: Pour 1 cup of boiling over the green tea bag. Let the tea steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the tea bag and let the tea cool to room temperature. Then place it in the fridge to chill.
- Make the boba: On the stove, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add in the boba. They should sink at first but float after 10-20 seconds. Slightly reduce the heat to maintain a gentle boil. Continue to boil for 5-10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, strain out the boba and run them under cold water for a minute.
- Add the boba to the syrup: Add the boba to 1 tbsp of blueberry simple syrup. This should be just enough syrup to coat them and prevent them from sticking together.
- Make the milk tea: Add the chilled green tea, milk and remaining 5 tbsp of blueberry simple syrup together. Stir until well combined. Add the boba and a handful of ice. Stir, and enjoy!
- Use flavored boba. This is a great recipe to use flavored popping boba if you have some.
- Use bubble tea straws to sip up the boba.
- Make the boba fresh. Boba doesn’t last long once cooked, they need to be eaten fresh. The rest of the tea you can make in advance, but make the boba right before serving.
- Stir the boba in syrup right away. If you wait too long before stirring the boba into the syrup, it will clump together and be hard to separate. The syrup will prevent this from happening.
- Adjust the milk & tea ratio. Bubble tea is customizable. Add more or less milk, tea or blueberry syrup to your liking. You can also add in a couple tbsp of cream for extra creaminess.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Bubble Tea
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
- Serving Size: 1 milk tea
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 35.5g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: blueberry, bubble tea, boba, milk tea