This strawberry apple crisp recipe is a simple and tasty weeknight dessert.
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (67g)
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (40g)
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed (112g)
- ¼ cup butter, melted (56g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup rolled oats (67g)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (56g)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (56g)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, strawberries, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix to coat the fruit in the lemon juice.
- Add in the sugar and flour and mix to coat the fruit evenly.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt together until evenly combined. Then, mix in the rolled oats, walnuts and pecans.
- Spread the apple and strawberry mixture evenly across the bottom of the 8 x 8 baking dish. Layer the brown sugar and oat mixture evenly on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream (optional)
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 30 second to 1 minute, using a microwave safe dish. You can also reheat leftovers in the oven at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes, until warm.
- Frozen Strawberries: If using frozen strawberries, don’t let them thaw before baking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 36.3g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 21.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 52.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: crisp recipe, crumble recipe