These purple chocolate covered strawberries are a simple and easy dessert to make. White chocolate is melted and mixed with red and blue food coloring to make a beautiful light purple shade. Decorate these strawberries with additional toppings or serve them as is.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate wafers. Heat them in 15 to 20 second increments, mixing in between. Once the chocolate is fully melted and smooth, stop heating it. Don’t over heat the chocolate.
- Immediately, add 5 drops of red food coloring and 1 to 2 drops of blue food coloring. Mix to form a smooth purple color. Add an extra drop of red or blue coloring if needed to get the purple shade you want.
- One at a time, dip each strawberry into the melted purple chocolate, coating the red part of the berry.
- Place each strawberry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. If desired, sprinkle the strawberries with optional toppings before the chocolate has fully set.
- Put the tray in the fridge for at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving to let the chocolate fully set.
- Dry the strawberries. Make sure the strawberries are fully dried before dipping them into the chocolate. Water mixed into the chocolate can cause it to clump up.
- Use a double boiler. If you can’t get the hang of melting the chocolate in the microwave without it overheating and clumping up, try using a double boiler on the stovetop instead.
- Optional Toppings: See the blog post for some suggestions of optional toppings for these purple chocolate strawberries.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 strawberry
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: chocolate covered strawberries, mother’s day recipe