This decadent chocolate pear crumble is full of ooey-gooey dark chocolatey-pear and walnut deliciousness. Cinnamon sugar pear pie filling drenched with a rich dark chocolate ganache. Then layered with a walnut brown sugar crumble topping that gets crispy in the oven.
- Pie Crust:
- 1 Pie dough for a 9-inch pie dish, fresh or frozen
- Pear Filling:
- 5 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemons juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Walnut Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- If you are making your own pie dough, prepare it according to the instructions. If you are using frozen pie dough, allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge before beginning.
- Remove your chilled dough from the fridge and roll it out to fit a 9 inch pie dish. Place it gently into the pie dish, being careful not to stretch the dough to make it fit. Shape the pie crust edges (optional). Put the pie dish back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F and prepare the filling.
- To make the pear filling: Mix the pears, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon and white sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the rest.
- For the dark chocolate ganache: On a saucepan, bring the cream just to a boil and then immediately remove it from the heat. Pour the hot cream over the dark chocolate chips and stir until fully melted and mixed. Set aside to let the ganache cool slightly.
- For the walnut crumble topping: In a medium sized bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, walnuts and butter together. Mix well until combined.
- Remove your pie from the fridge. First, add the main pie filling, spreading it evenly over the bottom of the pie.
- Then, once the ganache has cooled slightly —but not too much or it will be too thick — pour it over the pear filling, spreading it evenly over the pears.
- Next, spread the walnut crumble topping over the dark chocolate ganache.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes, then turn down the temperature to 350F and bake for another 30 minutes until the top is golden brown and crusty and the pears are soft.
- Let the pie cool slightly (~10 minutes), then serve fresh with ice cream. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Don’t skip the waiting time for your dough to chill in the fridge — cold pie dough is easiest to work with and letting it sit after shaping it helps prevent shrinking when baked.
- This pie is a bit messy! It may fall apart a bit as you eat it, but it is a delicious, gooey mess.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Pies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 30.3g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 54.9g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
Keywords: Pear chocolate pie, pear chocolate crumble pie