This cherry syrup for pancakes is the best pancake topping for fruity pancakes. It’s made with only 6 ingredients in 15 minutes, and you can use either fresh or frozen cherries.
- Add the frozen cherries, ½ cup of water and brown sugar to a small saucepan and heat on medium-high. Bring the mixture to a low boil. Use a fork to break up the cherries, releasing their juices.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water together until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the cherry syrup, and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally for another 3 to 4 minutes until the syrup thickens up.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Serve warm.
- For a smooth cherry syrup, blend the syrup after it cools to room temperature.
- If the syrup is too thick after cooling down, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- This cherry pancake syrup tastes delicious served on top of these cherry pancakes or these oat milk pancakes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pancake Recipes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 39.2g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pancake syrup, cherry syrup