These classic blueberry sour cream muffins are soft & moist on the inside with a crisp, sugar-coated top. Easy to make, and absolutely delicious, these will become your new favorite blueberry muffins recipe!
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 6 ½ tbsp (80g) granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup (75g) butter, melted
- 7 tbsp (88g) brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup (54g) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 to 4 tbsp turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and sour cream.
- In a couple parts, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined.
- Add a spoonful of batter to the bottom of each muffin liner. This helps prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins while cooking.
- Then, gently fold the blueberries into the remaining batter. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins generously with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400F. Then, decrease the temperature to 350F and continue to bake for another 15 to 17 minutes until the muffin tops are crispy and a toothpick inserted comes out with just a couple crumbs.
- Storage: Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days. Or, freeze for up to 2 to 3 months. Thaw overnight before serving.
- If using frozen blueberries: Don’t let frozen blueberries thaw before mixing them into the batter. Coat the berries in a very small amount of flour before folding them in.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 17.5g
- Sodium: 329mg
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: breakfast muffins, healthy muffins