The tastiest homemade strawberry simple syrup recipe! It’s the perfect syrup for cocktails, pancakes, cakes, iced tea, soda and basically anything you can think of.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- Heat the strawberries, sugar and water on a saucepan over medium to high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. As the strawberries heat up and begin to break down, use a fork to mash them as much as you can. Continue to simmer and stir the strawberry mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Pass the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the strawberry chunks.
- Let the syrup fully cool to room temperature before using. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Let it simmer. Simmer the syrup for the full ten minutes to make sure the strawberry flavor fully infuses.
- Save the strawberry chunks. The strained out strawberry chunks make a great breakfast mixed into plain greek yogurt.
- Frozen strawberries: Before using frozen strawberries, thaw them and drain any excess liquid so the syrup does not become diluted.
- Storage: Store the syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to several weeks or for 2-3 months frozen.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Syrup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 13.6g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: strawberry, strawberries, drink syrup, simple syrup