This sweet raspberry cupcake filling is easy to make using only 5 ingredients in under 20 minutes. It’s a perfect filling for white or chocolate cupcakes!
- 3 cups frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- On a nonstick pan, heat the raspberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice together over medium heat. Stir occasionally, breaking down the raspberry chunks as they heat.
- Allow the mixture to very gently simmer for a couple minutes until it slightly thickens. Don’t let it boil. Once the raspberry mixture has slightly thickened up, reduce the heat to low.
- In a separate bowl, mix the water and cornstarch together until they are well combined. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the raspberry mixture. Stir the filling on low heat until the cornstarch is mixed in.
- Remove the filling from the stove and let it cool to room temperature. Once at room temperature, store in the fridge until ready to use.
- To fill the cupcakes, cut a round, ½ inch deep hole in each cupcake. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of raspberry filling, and then replace the cupcake top. Ice the cupcakes, covering the hole.
- Strain out the seeds. If you want a smooth filling without any seeds, use a fine mesh sieve to strain out the raspberry seeds. Do this after heating the filling but before it has fully cooled. Press the filling through the sieve well, making sure not to leave too much filling behind.
- Storage: Store leftover filling in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks. If needed, microwave for 5 to 10 seconds to slightly loosen up the filling before using it. Once cupcakes have been filled, store them in the fridge.
- Adjust the thickness. If the filling is too thick, add a small amount of water (about 1 teaspoon at a time) to thin it out. Do this while heating the filling over low heat. If the filling is too thin, add an extra 1 to 3 teaspoons of the 1:1 cornstarch to water mixture.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Filling
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cupcake filling, raspberry filling