This protein iced coffee is made with coffee, protein powder, chocolate syrup and milk. It is a delicious, high protein, low calorie drink to start your morning.
- First, make the chocolate simple syrup. Whisk the cocoa powder, water and sugar together in a small bowl. Then, heat the mixture on a saucepan over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to heat the syrup for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar has fully dissolved. Don’t let the syrup boil. Remove the syrup from the stove and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a coffee mug, mix the coffee, protein powder and chocolate syrup together until the protein powder has fully dissolved.
- Add a handful of ice to the glass. Pour the milk on top and serve.
- Mix the protein powder into the coffee before adding ice. It is easiest to dissolve the protein powder in the coffee and chocolate syrup before adding ice. If there is already ice in the glass, the protein powder may clump up.
- Extra Protein: Double or triple the amount of protein powder added. This will add a stronger protein flavor. To compensate, add extra chocolate syrup.
- Coffee Protein Shake: Add all the ingredients in a blender with a handful of ice until smooth. Optionally, add in a banana as well. Adjust the amount of almond milk and coffee to get the right consistency.
- Vegan: To make this drink vegan, use a vegan protein powder and almond milk instead of cow’s milk.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 14.3g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: protein coffee, protein powder