These chocolate, pear and hazelnut brownies have all the chocolate goodness of regular brownies, plus roasted hazelnuts and soft pears baked in. Fresh out of the oven, these soft, cakey brownies will be devoured quickly.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups pears, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet with a slight rim. Once preheated, roast the hazelnuts in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the hazelnuts from the oven and let them cool.
- While roasting the hazelnuts, prepare the rest of the brownie batter. Start by greasing or lining an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Then, melt the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time and stir in between to avoid burning the chocolate chips. Stir until the mixture is smooth and all the chips are melted.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together. Add in the butter and eggs mixture and mix until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Once the hazelnuts have cooled, gently remove the skins from each one. This should be easy to do after roasting them. Roughly chop or halve the hazelnuts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the hazelnuts and pears.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 325F for 40 - 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Some hazelnuts may not easily shed their skin after roasting them. Either discard these ones or use a knife to gently remove the skin.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large brownie
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 19.1g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
Keywords: pears, hazelnuts, brownies