This fruity mango milk tea recipe that is the perfect bubble tea drink for summer!
- 1 green tea bag
- 3/4 cup mango juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup quick cooking black tapioca pearls
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Handful of ice
- Make the green tea: Steep the green tea bag in ¾ cup of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bag and let the tea cool to room temperature. Then put the tea in the fridge and let it chill for at least an hour.
- Make the simple syrup: Heat 2 tbsp granulated sugar and 2 tbsp water on a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Make the boba: Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the black tapioca pearls. At first, they will sink, and then they should rise and float after 15-20 seconds. Slightly reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and strain out the boba. Run the boba under cold water for about a minute until they come to room temperature. Immediately stir the boba into 1- 2 tsp of the simple syrup mixture. This should be just enough to coat the boba.
- Put the milk tea together: Stir the chilled green tea, mango juice and milk together. Add in the cooked boba, simple syrup and a handful of ice. Enjoy!
- Use fresh mango juice. Fresh, pure mango nectar will taste the best. Try to avoid artificial mango juices, or juices mixed with other flavors.
- Use quick cooking boba. Look for boba that say “quick cooking” on the package. If you are not using quick cooking boba, cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Make the boba fresh. Boba pearls don’t last long once they are cooked. You can make the rest of the tea in advance, but only cook the boba once you are ready to drink your tea.
- Stir the boba into the syrup right away. This will prevent the cooked boba from sticking together in a clump.
- Vegan Option: Replace the milk with almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk. Adjust the amount to your taste.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Bubble tea
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
- Serving Size: 1 milk tea
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 55g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: mango, bubble tea, Mike tea, boba