This creamy lychee bubble tea is a refreshing drink that's easy to make. Save time and money making this copycat recipe at home!
Brown Sugar Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, heat the 2 tbsp of water and brown sugar together on medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Set the brown sugar syrup aside for now, and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the tapioca pearls. Cook for as long as the package instructs. Quick cooking tapioca pearls will take about 5 to 10 minutes. Other types of tapioca pearls will take 20 minutes or longer.
- Once cooked, remove the saucepan from the stove and strain out the tapioca pearls.
- Immediately coat the pearls in the brown sugar syrup. Let them soak while you prepare the tea.
Lychee Bubble Tea:
- Add the tea bag to the ½ cup of boiling water and let it steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag and let the tea chill for a few minutes. If you have time, fully chill the tea in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Mix in the lychee nectar, milk and tapioca pearls in the brown sugar syrup.
- Pour over ice and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Bubble Tea
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
- Serving Size: 1 bubble tea
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 68.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
Keywords: bubble tea recipe, milk tea recipe, boba tea