These fudgy espresso coffee brownies are the perfect chocolate dessert for any coffee lover! They are easy to make for a simple weeknight treat.
- ⅔ cup (151g) unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup (113g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 oz espresso, freshly brewed
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup (150g) brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp hazelnut extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare an 8x8 inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Mix in the espresso.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, hazelnut extract, vanilla extract and salt together until smooth.
- Gently add the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture, stirring until well combined.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, sift the flour and espresso powder together until evenly combined.
- In a couple parts, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it.
- Storage: Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze for up to 1 to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: brownie recipe, brownie recipes