This brown sugar milk tea is easy to make with just a few ingredients at home. Not only does this bubble tea taste delicious, but it also looks amazing!
- Cook the boba: Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the boba to the boiling water. At first they will sink to the bottom, and then after 20-30 seconds, they should float to the top. Continue to boil the boba for another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, strain the boba and run them under cold water for a minute until they are cool.
- Add the boba in syrup: As soon as the boba are cooled, coat them in about 1 tsp of the brown sugar syrup. This will prevent them from clumping together.
- Make the bubble tea: Add the boba and ice to your serving glass. Drip the brown sugar syrup down the sides of the glass. Add the milk and enjoy!
- The tiger stripes effect doesn’t last long! If you want to take pictures, be ready as soon as you add the milk.
- If you happen to have made a slightly thinner brown sugar syrup and it isn’t sticking as well to the sides, add the milk to the glass first, then drip the syrup down the sides of the glass.
- You can use a ready-made brown sugar syrup if you can find one.
- Drink your bubble tea with wide bubble tea straws to sip up the boba.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Bubble Tea
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
- Serving Size: 1 bubble tea
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 45.8g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 62.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: tiger milk tea, tiger bubble tea, brown sugar