A creamy, cheesy and tasty breakfast broccoli and smoked salmon quiche.
- Pie dough for a 9” pie dish. Or, 2 frozen pie crusts.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 1/2 tbsp chives, dried
- 1/2 tbsp parsley, dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- If using homemade pie dough, prepare it according to the instructions. Roll out the dough and place it in a 9 inch pie dish. Shape the edges. Put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before continuing. If using a frozen pie crust, skip to step 4.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove the crust from the fridge. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork. Line the unbaked pie dough with parchment paper and fill the pie with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are slightly brown. Remove from the oven. Once cooled slightly, remove the pie weights from the pie.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk and cream and beat them together with a fork until they are combined.
- Add the broccoli florets, onion, smoked salmon, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the filling into your blind baked pie crust or evenly divide it between two frozen pie shells. It is ok to add the filling to the blind baked pie crust even if the crust is still warm from the oven.
- Place the pie dish on a tray and bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until the quiche is baked through and slightly golden on the top. If you divided the filling into two pie dishes, the bake time will be slightly shorter — check if the quiche is ready after 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve fresh. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- * Pre-made, frozen pie shells tend to be much shallower than 9-inch pie dish pans. This recipe is enough to fill 2 frozen pie dishes.
- Bake time for this quiche will vary based on your oven. In the last 10-15 minutes of bake time, make sure to check your quiche to avoid over cooking it.
- If using fresh herbs, use about 1-2 tablespoons of each herb.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Quiche
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 1269mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 12.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 17.6g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
Keywords: Quiches, breakfast quiche, smoked salmon, broccoli