This banana bread with ricotta is the most delicious banana bread you will ever have! Made with ricotta, olive oil and ripe bananas for a rich, moist breakfast bread that you’ll eat right out of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 5 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the olive oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Then, mix in the ricotta cheese and mashed bananas.
- In two parts, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing only until just combined. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas add a lot more moisture and sweetness to baked goods. Bananas that are brown with spots, or even almost black work really well.
- Fully mash the bananas. Make sure the bananas are fully mashed. They can be slightly lumpy, but avoid leaving any large chunks of banana.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 28.5g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: banana bread, ricotta recipe