Homemade pizza dough with a light olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoned base. Topped with goat and mozzarella cheeses, red peppers and cherry tomatoes. Baked until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Then topped with fresh basil leaves and a light pesto drizzle. A delicious and easy pizza dinner.
Costco sized packages of anything are the best, but I often find myself with left over bell peppers and cherry tomatoes that end up borderline going bad. When that happens, I end up making a bunch of these pizzas to make sure none of them go to waste. Even if those veggies have started to go a bit mushy, they still taste delicious on this pizza even if they are no longer the best raw snacks.
Probably my favorite part of this pizza is the pesto drizzle on top. This is a homemade pesto mayo sauce that is the perfect consistency for drizzling over (really any type) of pizza, but does go especially well with this one. The pesto flavor with the goat and mozzarella cheeses is SO good.
Ingredients & Substitutions
• Pizza Dough. I always prefer homemade pizza dough, but if you don’t have the time, you can also use store-bought pre-made dough.
• Cherry Tomatoes. You can use regular tomatoes instead if that is what you have on hand, but my preference is for the cherry tomatoes because they are just a little bit sweeter.
• Red Bell Pepper. Really, any color bell pepper will work for this pizza, or even a combo. Use whichever type you have on hand!
• Goat cheese. The goat cheese is essential. It is hard to replace its unique taste so I would not recommend substituting it out for this pizza unless.. you really don’t like the taste of goat cheese, then replace it with extra mozzarella.
• Mozzarella Cheese. The mozzarella balances the strong goat cheese flavor and adds to the the cheesiness of the pizza. If you want a healthier pizza, you can leave out the mozzarella and just go with the goat cheese.
Other pizza recipes to try:Print
Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Pizza with Pesto Drizzle
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
Homemade pizza made with goat and mozzarella cheeses, red peppers and cherry tomatoes. Topped with fresh basil leaves and a light pesto drizzle.
- ½ lb pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- ½ a red pepper, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 to 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ tbsp of pesto drizzle sauce
- Make your pizza dough and roll it into a 10-12" circle.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the dough and use a spoon to spread it around evenly, leaving a little edge around the pizza for the crust.
- Spread the garlic and Italian seasoning around evenly over the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the goat and mozzarella cheeses evenly over the pizza.
- Slice the red pepper into long, thin strips. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Spread them evenly on top of the cheeses.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Top with freshly picked basil followed by the pesto drizzle. Serve.
- You can use any color bell pepper that you have on hand, or a mix of multiple.
- The fresh basil and pesto drizzle are optional, the pizza will still taste amazing without them if you don't have the time to add them to your pizza, but are highly recommended.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pizza, Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
Keywords: goat cheese pizza, quick pizza dinner, pizza recipe, basil pizza
Leave a Reply