This refreshing pineapple banana smoothie is easy to make in under 5 minutes for a quick breakfast on the go. Made with frozen pineapple, banana, yogurt, milk and chia seeds. Filling enough as a light meal on its own, but light enough to accompany a large brunch.
- 5 minutes to make. Just add everything to the blender and blend.
- Refreshing + Creamy. The frozen pineapple adds a refreshing, ice cold taste, but the yogurt balances out and adds a creamy texture.
- Not overly sweet. Some fruit smoothies are super sweet, and not everyone enjoys that. This one is fruity without tasting overly sugary.
Add all the ingredients to a blender. Place the frozen pineapple closest to the blades. Blend until smooth.
Smoothies can always be made healthier by adding a handful of greens, such as kale or spinach. Both would work well in this smoothie. You may need to decrease the amount of yogurt added to thin out the consistency.
This smoothie will taste best fresh. However, you can make the smoothie in advance the night before and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use a high quality blender. Smooth smoothies taste much better than smoothies with chunks in them. Use a quality blender so all the ingredients are broken down properly.
- If you use fresh pineapple, add less milk. Fresh pineapple will add slightly more liquid than frozen pineapple. Adjust the amount of milk you add accordingly. If you added too much liquid and the smoothie is too runny, try blending in a few ice cubes.