You will love this healthy pear banana smoothie. Made with bananas, pears, milk of your choice, almonds, honey and cinnamon. It’s the perfect smoothie to drink on a crisp morning when you are cozy inside.
This is not just any other regular smoothie. It is so good that it tastes like a dessert even though it’s not. It’s also the perfect cold weather smoothie — the pears, almonds and cinnamon really create a delicious wintery combination.
If you like this pear banana smoothie, you will also love this Chocolate Apple Smoothie, which also is another great cold weather smoothie.
- Banana — For thick, creaminess as well as banana flavor. Use a ripe (but not overly ripe) banana for this recipe.
- Pear — Any type of pear works well. If you have a preference for one type over another, use that one.
- Milk — I tend to always use regular 2% milk in smoothies most of the time. However, you can substitute this for any type of milk. Use almond or oat milk for a vegan or dairy free option.
- Almonds — Use regular, whole almonds. These add protein to make the smoothie more filling. They also add to the overall cozy taste. If you use almond milk instead of regular milk, you may want to skip the almonds or the almond flavor will be very strong.
- Honey — This is a small amount of honey for a tiny bit of sweetness and subtle honey flavor. For a vegan smoothie, substitute the honey for maple syrup, or leave it out altogether.
- Cinnamon — Don’t skip the cinnamon!! It really pulls the whole smoothie together.
- Chocolate: Add in 1-2 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- More fruit: If it’s warmer out and you want a more fruity version, try adding in some strawberries for extra fruit flavor.
- More protein: Add in a spoonful of peanut butter for a delicious protein boost. Or, for a low calorie option add in a flavored protein powder (vanilla, chocolate or peanut butter).