Thick, creamy, mango overnight oats. Made in 5 minutes using only 4 ingredients: fresh mangoes, milk, brown sugar and rolled oats. Meal prep these oats in advance for a quick and tasty breakfast.
What type of oats are best for overnight oats?
Rolled oats are the best oats for overnight oats. They give the best consistency and taste. Quick oats will become too soggy when soaked overnight. And steel cut oats on the other hand, may not soften up quite enough.
Can I put fruit in my overnight oats?
Yes! Many types of fruits go well with overnight oats. In this recipe, mangoes are puréed and mixed into the base rolled oats mixture for the most flavor. For even more fruit, add freshly cut mango on top of these oats before serving. You could even add another type of fruit on top for a mix of fruit flavor. Raspberries or blueberries would both go well.
- Mango — You will need about one mango to make ½ a cup of purée. Use a fresh, ripe mango. If you want to add extra mango on top right before eating, you will need about an extra half a mango.
- Milk — Use regular 2% milk, or substitute this for another milk of your choice. For vegan oats, use almond milk.
- Brown Sugar — This adds a little bit of sweetness and goes really well with the mango.
- Rolled Oats — Use regular, rolled oats. Other types of oats will not work as well for this recipe.
- Peel the mango and cut it into chunks. Purée the mango chunks in a blender until smooth. If the mango is ripe, there should be enough liquid for the mango to blend into a smooth mixture. However, if you do need to add a bit of liquid, add a couple tablespoons of milk to blend. Be sure to subtract this amount of milk from the milk you add later when mixing the oats together.
- In a bowl, mix together the mango purée, brown sugar, rolled oats and milk.
- Divide this mixture into two serving containers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Optional: Right before serving, cut up some more fresh mango chunks and put these on top.
Other overnight oats recipes you may like:Print
Thick, creamy, mango overnight oats. Made in 5 minutes using only 4 ingredients. Meal prep these oats in advance for a quick and tasty breakfast.
- ½ cup mango purée, + extra mango cut into chunks for topping (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Peel and blend approximately one mango to get a ½ cup of mango purée. If the mango is ripe, it should blend into a purée easily in a blender without any added liquid.
- Mix the mango purée, milk, brown sugar and rolled oats together until evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into two serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Immediately before serving, top with extra, freshly cut mango chunks (optional). Or, top with any other fruit that goes well with mango, such as raspberries or blueberries.
- Vegan Option: Replace the regular milk with almond milk, or another non-dairy milk of your choice.
- Category: Overnight oats
- Method: Refrigerate
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 28.4g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: Oats, easy, quick, rolled oats, breakfast, healthy