This simple mango macadamia salad is the perfect light salad to accompany a main meal. Made with fresh spinach, mango slices and avocado for the salad base. Topped with a macadamia nut, olive oil and honey dressing. This salad is so easy, a little fancy and super delicious.
For me, salads have to be quick to make — a side dish that you can speedily whip together to accompany a main dish that maybe doesn’t have too many veggies in it. Some of the best salads are the simplest ones, such as this Easy Grapefruit Arugula Salad with Walnuts and Maple Dressing.
This mango macadamia salad really only has three ingredients so it comes together in less than five minutes. I prefer to eat this salad fresh since the mangoes and avocado taste best as soon as they are cut open, but you can store it in the fridge for a day or two without it losing too much taste.
Even though the salad base doesn’t have any macadamia nuts in it (just a couple on top for garnish), it doesn’t need it. The macadamia nut dressing is so flavorful and creamy that it provides the perfect balance in taste between the fresh, ripe mangoes and macadamia nut flavor.
For the dressing, you will need a food processor or a small blender to crush the macadamia nuts into a paste. Just toss all the dressing ingredients into the food processor and pulse until smooth. The dressing can be stored in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to a week. For meal prepping, make the dressing ahead of time and then just throw together the salad base when ready to eat it.
Mango Macadamia Salad Ingredients:
- Mango — Use one fresh (not frozen), ripe mango.
- Avocado — Use a ripe avocado, cut into slices or chunks.
- Spinach — For this salad, you could substitute the spinach for arugula or a spring mix.
- Macadamia Nuts —These are expensive! But you don’t need very many for this salad. Plus, using them in the dressing rather than on the salad gets more bang for your buck in terms of flavor to dollar value.
- Olive Oil — a creamy dressing base
- Lemon Juice — for the macadamia dressing
- Honey — a little sweetness for the dressing
Other salads you may like:
This simple mango macadamia salad is the perfect light salad to accompany a main meal.
- 1 large mango, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, packed
- ¼ cup dry roasted macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- a dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the mango, avocado and spinach.
- Add the macadamia nuts, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until the dressing is smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
- If you prefer, you can cut the avocado and mangoes into bite sized chunks instead of strips.
- Store extra dressing in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed, Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 15.5g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Fat: 27.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 22.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4g
- Fiber: 9.6g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: mango, macadamia nut, macadamia salad