No churn macadamia ice cream with white chocolate and coconut. Made with coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream, macadamia nuts, toasted shredded coconut and white chocolate chips. This easy but decadent dessert will be your new favorite frozen treat.
Why make no churn ice cream?
Homemade ice cream is actually ridiculously easy to make — especially when it is no churn. I love no churn ice cream for a couple reasons. Firstly, there’s no need to deal with another kitchen gadget, which makes clean up and preparation faster. Plus, you save money if you don’t already own an ice cream maker. And secondly, you don’t need to worry about eggs in ice cream (this has always weirded me out about homemade ice cream). And finally, you can add in many different flavors to make a variety of creations, such as macadamia, coconut and white chocolate.
- Macadamia Nuts — Use regular, unseasoned macadamia nuts. These will then be roasted in the oven.
- Shredded Coconut — This will be toasted over the stove top and then mixed into the ice cream.
- Coconut Milk — This is mixed in as part of the ice cream base for a fuller coconut flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk — This is essential in no churn ice cream for the right consistency and to make sure it actually turns out like ice cream.
- Whipping Cream — Use regular whipping cream. Again, this ingredient can’t be substituted for milk or lighter cream.
- White Chocolate Chips — I love the white chocolate flavor with macadamia, but really you could use any flavor of chocolate chips that you like. Milk chocolate chips would also be delicious.
Why is my homemade ice cream hard?
One downside of homemade ice cream— this macadamia ice cream included— is that it is harder than store bought ice cream. This is because store bought ice cream has a ton more air in it which makes it softer and lighter.
However, the easy solution for this is to put the ice cream in the fridge for about 30 minutes before you want to eat it and back in the freezer once you are done serving yourself. You can leave it out to on the counter to soften as well, but in the fridge it will thaw more smoothly (rather than melting more around the edges).Print
Macadamia Ice Cream
- Total Time: 6h 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
No churn macadamia ice cream with white chocolate and coconut. This easy but decadent dessert will be your new favorite frozen treat.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Layer the macadamia nuts in a single layer. Toast the macadamia nuts in the oven for 10-14 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, toast the shredded coconut over medium to high heat on the stovetop. You don’t need any oil or butter on the pan. Toast the coconut, stirring occasionally, until it is golden brown, about 5-10 minutes. Remove the coconut from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once the macadamia nuts have cooled, pulse them in a food processor until they are a fine paste. If you would like a slightly chunkier ice cream, pulse them until they are almost a fine paste.
- In a medium sized bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut and ground macadamia nuts. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Then, carefully fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a 9” x 5” x 3” baking dish and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours until fully frozen.
- Homemade ice cream is naturally harder than store bought ice cream. Leave this ice cream in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating to make scooping it easier. Don’t let it fully thaw. Put it back in the freezer after you are done.
- Prep Time: 6h 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Ice cream
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 22.4g
- Sodium: 59.8g
- Fat: 26.4g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 23.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
Keywords: No churn, easy, simple, coconut, white chocolate, summer
Leave a Reply